Business Plan -UPDATE- Financials Added

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have added financial subjects, please have a look and let me know if I am on the right track. Thanks!!!
    I am not trying to get a loan or anything with this plan, it is just to help me see what I need to do.

Attached Files:

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

It seems like you have a good start there. I wish you well...
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

May I make some adjustments?

If for no other reason than two heads think better than one, you are of course free to disagree with any of mine...
    And I'll wait for the ok before proceeding...

p.s.: I also started with 5k but after it was all over, my first year expenses ran closer to 10k, thou the first year's income helped with this, I just wanted you to know...
  4. Grits

from Florida

Heck yeah you can make some adjustments! That's why I am posting it for the world to see. Any and all suggestions, adjustments, comments and everything else from anyone is more than welcomed! This is my first time making a business plan, I'll take any advice, tips, whatever that I can get.
  5. Grits

from Florida

Thank you!
  6. djsp24

djsp24 LawnSite Member

i think it looks good, there are a few things missing, but you get the general idea of what you need....It just lokks a litt le "bare bones" If you really wanted to hone in on "true cost" then I would add a few more expenses like....
    -Equipment depreciation
    -office/billing expenses(computers, cell phone, copier, fax, bank account etc)
    -printing/business cards, letter heads
    -attorney fee's (even if you never use one, account for one incase you do)
    -Insurances (medical, dental, vision, disability, etc)
    -maintenance costs for truck & Equipment
    -business over head (rent, utilities, heat, water, garbage, storage etc)

I would also take a minute and write down in YOUR business plan what you expect to do when it's raining, the more you plan and map out now the more likely you are to stick with it and you'll "know what to do" when the phone isn't ringing or it's raining for 4 days straight. Since your taking the time to put a plan together, I would make sure you utilize this time to make your plan and business the best it can be. It's only going to benefit you and your company in the long run and something I would never rush through! A true business owner updates his business plan as the business grows and changes, I have worked in other Industry's and started other business's and I was always evolving the business plan. A business mentor of mine always told me if you treat and respect your business like a living breathing thing, then it will respect you back.... Kinda makes sense if you think about it. Really hope my 2 cents helped!
  7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Looks to be off to a good start. As you get going expect to see some numbers change, if it is income, expenses or whatever. It would be a good idea to figure deprecation, if you borrow money (bank loan) figure intrest and principal on separate lines. The intrest tends to be tax deductable.
  8. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

Becareful with the presure washing, it is easy to take paint off a house, also with sideing that gets a lot of sun pressure washing lightens it up unevenly. I would practice on your own house first. Or even better, your neighbors when there not home.

Nice red cape, my son had one just like it. Have you seen it? :drinkup:
  9. Grits

from Florida

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Suddenly, I understand one of the stangest conversations I have ever had. That was hilarious man!!!!! I came home that evening and told my wife about it. Actually, I'm kind of let down that it wasn't for real. I swear, I laughed about that ALL day.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Notice there is no phone number in my current avatar.:)
  10. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

one thing I would sugest is a 12 month spreadsheet breakdown of payables and recievables. When doing this take in to account seasonal and weather changes. I have an example of one I could send you.

This will give you a better "real world" view of how things are likely to be. It will make it easier to plan for financial needs in the near future. Also make a copy of acutal expenses and income to compare to your planned budget.

I hope this helps.