Business plan?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape

Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

I need HELP. I ve been in the business for 9 yrs, my company has grown to 200 accounts each week and do 2 full landscape (new construction) a month. The landscape market hit the sewer this last year. I have no business plan for the future and am looking for ways to implement one... can anyone help me

2. Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape

You guys and gals are full of info...Please help

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Visit your local SBA ..check online then go visit ...they can and will help you. Also do a search on here ...you will find lots of info.

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Sure...

To start I'll need the following info...

(1) Market analysis
    (2) Industry analysis
    (3) Company financial plan
    (4) Industry trends
    (5) Company summary
    (6) Marketing plan

If you need help with these try the following...

(A) Perform a search on this site...loads and loads of info.

(B) Either go to a bookstore or shop online...there are plenty of books out there on writing business plans. Some have CDs in the rear jacket to help you along

Lots of luck looking forward to hearing how you make out:waving:

5. Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape

Thank you LB1234. I have searched the net and only get confused everyone talks big but bottom line no great business plan template to follow. I purchased a plan and it was supposed to have the info but all I get is the run around....no plan

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Go down to Borders or Barnes and Noble or one of those big chain bookstores. In the business section you should find a bunch of books published by "NOLO". They have a bunch of different books from starting your own business to which type of business entity to choose and why. They also have one on how to write a business plan. It is a very good book for writing one for the first time...goes over everything step by step.

I have another one that is very good but can't seem to find it right now. If I find it tonight I'll let you know the author and title. It was a pretty good book. It has four sample plans in the back of the book...one being geared towards a service provider.

I'm going to caution you NOT to just cut and paste a bunch of stuff and call it a business plan. I have been redoing my business plan from two years ago this winter and I've been working on it for about 5-6 weeks on and off. I don't think its something that if you start tonight you'll have written by monday. The good thing for you is that you have nine years of financial info at your disposal so your financial plan/projections can be based off of some really accurate numbers.

7. Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape

good info LB1234 I would like to pick your brain and exchange ideas sometime.... Thank you

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Go to a computer store and buy Business Plan Pro, I've used that in the past, and it really helps to organize all of your ideas!