1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

business plan

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PRO CARE LAWN MAINT., Feb 26, 2004.

PRO CARE LAWN MAINT. LawnSite Member

i have heard alot about business plans. could someone please give me some pointers on where to start and what should be included in it.
    thank you
  2. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

That's a big question. A business plan is kind of a road map for your business. If you are trying to recriut investers you will definitely need one. It is good to have one just so you have your next move written down before you need to make it.

Try doing an internet search. You should find lots of stuff on it. Here are the basic things it should include:

Business information-what kind of business is it, where is it, why is it there?

Financial info-how much will it cost to start, how much will it make the 1st, 2nd, 3rd years, when will it break even?

Advertising/Marketing-how will you advertise, who is your target market, how much will you spend on advertising?

Like I said it's a LOT of stuff and takes a lot of time, work, and research, but it's well worth it. At the end you should KNOW whether your business will be profitable.
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

look through www.sba.gov tons of valuable info there
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi ProCare,

Here is a great business plan sample that can get you started.
  5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

6. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

get a truck, trailer, mower, weedeater, blower and find some customers..............good luck

PRO CARE LAWN MAINT. LawnSite Member

thank you for your help. i already have existing accounts, taking it full time this year, needed a plan to keep me straight, or it would just be , bass fish more and work less.