1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Business Plans for reentry into the business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jlbf0786, Nov 8, 2013.

1. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

I've been officially out of the business for a few years now, since then I've worked for a few different segments of the Landscape/Horticulture industry. I've come to 1 realization: I just can't work for another company! Although, I'm still employed full-time at a company that manufactures and distributes bulk and bagged landscape products.

I'm in the beginning stages of start up for my newly formed landscape company. I have purchased an open utility trailer, 60" z-mower, handhelds and the bare essentials to create a good "weekend warrior package" but not a full blown outfit for maintaining commercial properties (which is what I'm going to be going after)

Can anyone provide an outline to create a business plan that is specialized for someone who's just getting back into the ownership side?

I estimate it will take a good year to grow a business that makes it worth walking away from a full-time job and benefits.. possibly longer.

Everyone's business plan is customized but I just need some idea of what the milestone/bullet points need to be for reentry into the business.

Anyone with advice or comments please feel free.