business plans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cjcland, Feb 17, 2000.

1. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i ran across this site it has a workbook for making a business plan, alot of you probly have one already, but i though that people that are just starting out(like me) might find this helpfull<p><p>cjcland
  2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

wow just al ittle to much for me. Im in theis business because its a no brainer and thats what i like about it. Its like art not science.No offence just my opinion.
  3. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

no offence takin, maybe i am a little obsesive/compulsive what does everyone else think?
  4. kermit

kermit LawnSite Member

A no brainer? What business are you in? This is one of the most competitive industries you can be involved in. Most of us are still trying to figure it all out and make a profit at it.<br>If you don't have a business plan you can't tell where you are going. I don't know about you but I want to see where I'm going while I'm blasting down the road at 120mph. If you don't have a business plan and review it regularly you can't tell how you're doing until it's too late. A simple plan may be all you need if you are a small company but as you grow the bank will demand to see one.<br>I think some guys are still running by the seat of their pants and that's too bad. They leave money on the table in negotiations and generally aren't really profitable like they could be. The more info you have the better you will do. Constant attention to learning will pay off, that's why we're at this forum, to learn from others. There is a lot of good info in these posts and we can learn from each other.
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the info. I am going to check it out as soon as I can. With a long link like that I hope it does most of the work for you.