1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Business Plans?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CJIII, May 22, 2002.

1. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

I would like how do I go about writeing a business plan? I wont to get one wrote soon.

2. Start at the library and get several books on how to write business plans to read through. The books would be a good place to help you get you ideas organized and get started in the right direction

3. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

The business section at the library is as good a spot as any to start your research, as Mr. Minney points out. There are also several software packages you can find at your local big box computer store or office supply store which will provide format and suggestions. JD

4. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

BY FAR the easiest way to write a business plan is to buy business plan software. That's what I did a few years back and not only was I impressed with how it turned out, so was the BANKER! I even took it to Kinko's and had it bound! He commented that he had never seen such a thorough job and if I would run a business the same way I would be very successfull - I got my loan ($75,000).

5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Huummm never thought of a business plan software.

6. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Grasshog...

Makes it alot easier, "Biz-Plan" works great and I'm sure others while do as good. Saves an enormous amount of time, with great results.

7. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Currently using Bisniess Plan Pro. Expensive but nice.

8. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Steve, I'l try it. Thanks again

9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

How much was it? can you buy it at any computer software store?

10. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member