1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business Plans

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by benb0808, Jun 23, 2004.

1. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a sample business plan? I've been doing 50-60 yards a week with a 21" Craftsman. I think its time to hit up the bank for some money. I Want to get a great dane super surfer 36'', because of easy heighth adjustment, ability to mulch, ability to bag, and ability to enter back gate. I don't have great credit but have about 3500 cash and have steady clientel. Any comments or suggestions? Also, I need a truck and trailer(suggestions please, I'm in it for the long haul....hope to have 120 accounts by next year.) I'm approaching 200,000 on my Mazda B2200.

Thanks for any suggestions, advice, or Bus. Plan Formats,

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

take your tax form from last year to the bank and see what happens or get a parent to sine for the lone
  3. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

Wasn't full time in the biz last year. I was a college student and only made about 3500 last year. Don't know if parents will or are even worth it(Bankruptcy)
  4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

probably could skip the bank. most dealers will finance you on equipment.
    $3500 is a start for a newer/bigger truck as well. auto loans are one of the easiest to get...you wont need a business plan to get an auto loan.
    or you might want to try www.americanexpress.com
    they have many plans available for your type of situation and their rates are pretty competitive.
  5. boonhogganbeck

boonhogganbeck LawnSite Member

For an auto loan you could check www.bankrate.com for the best rates in your area.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

im puzzled why if you are doing 50-60 props with a 21 you are not sitting on a mountain of cash.
  8. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Mac, did you see the post with the pic of the small lawn in PA and asked what would you charge?

The avg $ posted was like $15.00,
  9. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice everyone,

I'm asking myself the same question. Just got out of college and tryin to get some old credit card debt paid off to improve my "poor" credit rating. Hope to have a mountain before long! 1400 this week.