Business rookie!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by c3wlandscaping, Jan 2, 2011.

1. c3wlandscaping

c3wlandscaping LawnSite Member

well it is only gonna be 1100 for a new mower. not a commercial, i can not afford that. and from now on i will do all my stuff face to face. what should i wear??? i do have busniess tees already.

2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Off to a good start!

Understandable on the mower, just stay on top of the maintenance because it won't give you the life a commercial will.
    Just look presentable and professional. But you NEED that face to face. Have plenty of business cards, be prepared for a gazillion "no's" until you get that "yes". Make up some flyers, go door to door in a few block radius. (You want nice tight routes). Do homes, get practice, move up.

3. NPMinc

NPMinc LawnSite Member

EXCELLENT ADVICE Lefet!!!!

4. Lefet

Thank you. At least he listens!
    Too many people jumping on here lately that already have their own agenda, regardless of what they ask and what advice their given.
    Thanks for the confirmation, Lawnsite has been a godsend to me. Just sitting here reading all the posts from all the struggles and triumphs.

GOOD LUCK C3!!!!

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

So you won't mind if we start charging a consultation fee?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Lefet

Not at all!!! And since I see that's "posted via mobile device" have you got both hands on the wheel????

7. Patriot Services

Butt is firmly planted in the recliner.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. NPMinc

NPMinc LawnSite Member

Amen to that!!!! check out my recent exchange with that guy under the insurance thread to see an example!!!

9. Patriot Services

That guy won't listen to anybody. Too bad he is on our roads.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Lefet

He was one of the people I was referring to. Unsubscribed to that thread a long time ago, but did see your comments.

Great place to be isn't it? Just waiting for Spring!!