Business Software Update?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cbservicesllc, Mar 2, 2013.

1. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc LawnSite Member

I know this has been brought up before, but I’m looking for the latest opinions, not stuff from two years ago.

I am looking for a good piece of software that doesn’t kill my budget (I’m fairly small). I already use Quickbooks, so I could care less about accounting (but it would be nice to integrate with QB). I am looking for a scheduling and routing software that I can use with Android tablets (I already have them, so no iPads) for my employees. I want them to be able to see route notes for the job, clock in and out, and even add notes or have prompts for them to assess. I would also like the ability for these times and dates to be reflected to the customer on their invoice. My higher end clients appreciate this and I believe this helps me to retain them season to season.

A customer portal online where they can see service history, invoices, and pay online would be AWESOME! The complicated part of this (maybe) is that I am the office guy and I’m out in the field. A lot of these vendors claim to lessen the need for office staff, but that doesn’t mean zero office staff like the situation I am in. I need something that works well for two lawn maintenance crews, one fertilizer/herbicide guy, one irrigation service tech, and four plow trucks for snow (I told you I was small). If I need to have two vendors, one for lawn/irrigation, one for snow I guess that works, but one solution is preferable.

I currently use Service Auto Pilot. I had all the hopes in the world for it, but unfortunately the latest update doesn’t seem up to par. The system seems very laggy no matter what browser or internet connection I’ve used (I’ve tried several). The snow dispatching also leaves A LOT to be desired. When you start at 10pm for example and the clock turns midnight, you have to manually set the date back. The system should figure out that the route needs to be completed once it is dispatched regardless of date. They have acknowledged their snow system sucks, but I’m not sure that I want to wait for it to be fixed. They seem to be understaffed and some of the staff really appears to not know the system.

I know it seems like it, but I’m really not that high maintenance, I just want something that works. I’ve set the bar high for tracking and relaying that info to my clients, but as I get more clients, this is harder to do.

I’ve also looked into Real Green (expensive), Arbor Gold (expensive), Crew Tracker (expensive), Hindsite, Jobber, QXpress, Clip, and Groundskeeper/Blizzard Buster. Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated!!!

2. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Subscribing.....I use SAP now too and agree with the issues. I dunno - it's a love/hate thing we got going. =D

Jason

3. klogan011

klogan011 LawnSite Member

I currently use SAP as well. I purchased Clip about two weeks ago to change but didn't like it at all. It was hard to setup and not user friendly. I am returning it now. Please let me know if you find anything. I have never heard of Crew tracker. What is that and how much is it?

I have been with SAP for three years. To be honest I haven't found much else but i do feel that it has gotten worse instead of better.

4. cbservicesllc

I want to say I was quoted $18,000 for Crew Tracker...

5. cbservicesllc

Completely love/hate... there is no middle!

6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Jobber and love it!!

7. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Looking for an update on service auto pilot
    Have they improved this past year?

8. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure about SAP but Jobber has been making alot of updates, including alot of the stuff you wanted. The exception to that is a customer portal, but supposedly its in the works. I too am looking into options for 2014 to run on an android tablet. Right now I am leaning towards Jobber, I just wish they had a customer portal. But atleast they actually have real card processing, not just PayPal. The way I understand it is I can email an invoice, and the invoice will contain a link to a secure site to make the payment. You can still use paypal, or they have two other processors you can choose. The other two are currently charging 2.9% and $.30 per swipe.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I send invoices where they can pay through QuickBooks.

I had SAP and hardly ever used the portal
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, they have updated a lot. SAP is a lot better, way less quirky. A lot happier than when I first started using them. Still pricey, but haven't found anything better yet.