1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ohiolawns, Feb 16, 2003.

1. ohiolawns

ohiolawns LawnSite Member

We are looking for a new business software from a dealership side of things. I need some advice on the software that will do billing( wholegoods,parts and services), parts and wholegoods inventory, accounting and payroll.

I am asking what kind of software you are using and where can i find the information on the net or anyother means. How good does it work for you and how easy is it to use.

I would appreiciate any responses and info you all can give

2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I would recommend my Deluxe invoices and estimates. It was fairly inexpensive when i purchased it, and it has an excellent inventory part. I keep all of my plants and materials on there and it holds the price in there too. It tells me when iam running low and when i sell it it deducts the amount or what was sold. It also is easy at the end of the month it figures your recevibles and who still didnt pay. Any more?s ask me about it.
  3. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

Would suggest looking into PeachTree, it in inventory based / drive, allowing you to build components and wholegoods inventory base with unique pricing levels.
  4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Quick Books Pro or higher. There is a ton of additional software that interfaces with QB for specialized apps. If you are selling over the counter a "cash drawer" application to interface with QB would be nice. Quick Books
  5. ohiolawns

ohiolawns LawnSite Member

thank you all and i willl be checking out all of these options. I am just getting started to transfer everything over to computer operation instead of all manual