Business sold, I'm done

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey everyone. I know I haven't been active on here lately anymore, not as much as I was a couple years ago. But I sold the lawn maintenance business this fall so I can go to college on the other side of the state. My dad is still running the installation side of the business but he just didn't want the hassle of the maintenance business. Just wanted to say thanks to all those that helped me out in the past, although I don't recognize alot of the folks on here these days. God bless and take care.

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck with your plans. Sometimes it's just time to move on and no doubt your experiences will serve you well in times to come.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Good luck in your endeavors.

4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Congrats on the sale and good luck with college. It was without a doubt the most fun I have ever had. I wish I could go back. What are you planning on majoring in?

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Wow I'm getting old. I remember way back when you were a motivated wide eyed "young businessman" just starting out. Going to college is a great move and I am sure that you will have success in your life. Take care, have fun and study hard because real life is only a few short years away.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

So basically, you're not getting out of the business, you're just moving up! All you are doing is emphasizing on the area that makes the REAL money! Good for you! Perhaps after school. you'll pick up dad's work. Good luck with it, and stay with us!

7. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Scag 48, what are you majoring in? I think you are making a wise move with school. It will help in a lot of ways.

8. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

There is more and more larger businesses removing lawn maintenance and just staying with landscape and hardscape...Lawn maintenance is just not profitable..

9. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

....... for most areas of the U.S.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Even when it is, it is STILL the least lucrative out of ALL the operations in the green industry. The only advantage is, is that it's so regular. It is a constant flow of capitol coming in.