business start up requirements in TN

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by volranger, Aug 25, 2004.

1. volranger

volranger LawnSite Member

What type of licenses do you need to do lawn maintenance (mowing, trimming, edging, leaf blowing) in TN? Are there any other requirements? I am sick of searching through the TN, county, city commerce pages. Thanks in advance.

V/R
    Justin

2. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

Go to your courthouse, business tax office and ask to fill out paperwork for a business license. Have check or cash with you.

3. satch

satch LawnSite Member

You have to buy license also if you live in a city or town for that city or town.You do NOT have to purhase any license though until you do 3000.00 dollars in total revenue.That is what i was told by the courthouse officials were i live in TN.

4. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

Hey VolRanger,

I have a HLT license, and this goes beyound the question you asked, but will keep you out of trouble later on. You can do all you asked with no problems, just do not apply any impregnated fertilizer, or pesticide. Even if you do the application for free and the client supplies the product, you will be be commiting a class A misdemeanour. Any questions call the Ag department at Ellington and speak to Mary Borthick, also check out the web site below. The only fert you can apply is an agriculture type, which is a fast release, not slow. Also pesticide covers all types of chemicals from defoliators, herbs, fungicides etc.

http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/regulate/aip/index.html