Business stickers for your equipment?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ijustwantausername, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

I see a lot of the larger outfits have stickers/decals on their equipment with their logo or name. These have to be of some tough materials as they are on aerators, mowers, trailers, you name it. Anyone know where to get some like that, that will last?

2. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

I tried this on my mowers and they didn't last anytime. I think it was not worth it to me. I have my enclosed all lettered up so people are going to read that before they look for a name on a piece of equipment I think. Only thing I could see beneficial would be on a skid or something like that that gets used where a enclosed trailer isn't always present.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. LawnMastersTN

LawnMastersTN LawnSite Senior Member

I think it is more of a theft deterrent than a tool to put your name out. May also be to keep track of equipment (as in truck 1 from 2)

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I had a few made when I was getting my truck lettering done.
    People look at the equipment when it's sitting - why not give them something to look at?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't uploaded a pic of it yet, but I also placed the same logo on the side of the battery box...

[​IMG]

Just this week a new client came out to tell me he had to leave for a bit and wanted to give me my check first. "What is the name of your business again?", he asked. "Oh, nevermind - it's right there on your mower!"
    He could read it clearly from about 30' away.
    The week before, a guy stopped his car, looked directly at the logo on the side of the mower, and said, "I see you do this professionally, can you stop and give me an estimate when you finish here?"

Do I think it's going to bring me all sorts of new business? No.
    Do I think it's a good idea to get your name out there every chance you get? Yes.

5. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice. I like those - plain and simple. I guess I need to hit up my local sign shop and see what they have.

6. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

That is who I had make mine is the same place that does all my lettering. My logo is very detailed and with a lot of little letters so that was probably why mine didn't stay on. It isn't going to hurt to have your name out there wherever you can get it. I'm looking now on where I can letter my skid. For doing snow removal I know this will be good.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

I use bumper stickers on my equipment and have had great success. You can get them cheap, full-color, and in a variety of sizes. Most bumper stickers are made of vinyl so it is a tough, durable, waterproof material. They are designed to be in the elements. The best thing about bumper stickers is if they do get damaged, they peel off easily and cleanly. I then just slap a new one on.

Below are the two designs I use:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. garciajj612

garciajj612 LawnSite Member

Where did you get those made?

9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

10. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

The wrap company that did a truck and trailer for me (it's not a wrap) uses good quality 3M vinyl material that holds up great and is also easily removed. My logo is on file and they can print out ANY size sticker to slap on equipment or anything.

I think it looks nice. A business card size, up to 2-3 ft long.