1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Business valuation, searching for old threads

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grgrman, Mar 21, 2005.

1. grgrman

grgrman LawnSite Member
    from NE Ar

I am interested in figuring the value of my company, if I were to sell it. I have read several threads about this, but cannot locate them with the search feature. I have used every word I can think of, unsuccessfully. If someone could steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
  2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Word of advice..... Opinions on here vary widely..... Anywhere from its worthless to you'll retire in the bahamas,,,,

Contact a good CPA and they can point you in the right direction

This has been visited a million times on here and you wont get any real information it will just start a pissin match....
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

True. Everyone will say your business is worth nothing, but theirs is worth millions.
  4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

did you try searching the word "valuation"? that returned quite a few threads for me.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Find an A&D company
  6. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried this several times on the site to value different businesses and so have many others. don't bother on the site, you will not get an accurate assesment of your biz. I have found biz value calculators on line, some are free, do a search. I found one that was pretty helpfull, it taught you how to value a biz then you did the grunt work yourself.

I sugest researching the steps involved in valueing a business, then use lawnsite to gather industry info and compair yours to others. Another approach to take would be to look for businesses for sale in your area and compair them to yours, just as a real estate agent does when listing your house for sale.

How this helps.