business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsfrk, Jun 2, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

After reading a lot of from Lawnsite, I am a bit discouraged about a lawn and landscaping business. It's seems to me that you work way to hard for little money. Unless you have large accounts you may as well hang it up. It seems like you spend more time and money trying to find accounts than actually gaining any money from them. You would need to do no less than 10 accounts a day to make any kind of cash. 50 accounts a week, seems extremely difficult to achieve according you all. It's a business that I really want to get into, but it seems pretty frustrating to make anything from it.

2. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

GOT TO START SOMEWHERE. UNLESS IF U HAVE MONEY TO BUY EXISTING BUSINESS.

3. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

Cutting lawns is not the money maker. Lawn installs, mulch jobs, palntings, etc... The landscaping part of the business is where you make the most of your money - as for me it does anyways. If you have your pesticide / fert. license, you can also make a decent wage. I am not saying you can't make a good living on cutting lawns only, but you can increase that revenue by doing other landscaping duties / jobs.

4. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Do any of you sub contract jobs that you don't know how to do yet?