1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsfrk, Jun 2, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I want to do more than lawn maitenance. Should I sub contract out the jobs (fert. patios, walls, etc)? I don't know how to do those type of jobs.
  2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

maybe you could work for someone else to learn about what you'd like to do....
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

After trying the whole sub thing out for a year, it wasn't for me. Too much of a hassle. I have found it easier and faster to just give it away.
  4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't sub much business myself.. If we can't do it, I'll pass on it and just tell the customer I'm not interested or I'll give it to someone who I know will do a good job, and leave a good impression for both companies..
  5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Sub work is good. I made over $2500 last week and all I had to do was make a few phone calls.:D One of my commercial properties requested that 41 trees be replaced that had dead tops and 75 shrubs be replaced because they were ugly. I got the bids from a landscape co. and added some profit for us. Easy money.:cool: