Bust the Illegals...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by slammerjax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. slammerjax

slammerjax LawnSite Member

I've started a new campaign.

When I see an LCO on Craigs List or get a flyer from an LCO I respond asking for a quote for work with their business license and insurance information...

They all call with prices, and when I ask about license and insurance they all try to BS.

I tell them my next call is to City Hall and the IRS.

Probably won't make a diff...but it makes me feel good and It may make one or two of them think about lowballing their illegal business...

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

A wise man one said. " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    IMO thats no cool dude. yes its not right for them to do that, but don't be a snitch.

3. SILVERSTREAK INC

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

yeah everyone should have the right to work........i mean god forbid somehow i had to start over with no $$ for insurance, the only way to get the money is get to work (i dont think id even qualify for a 500 dollar loan), then make insurance your 1st priority..... its how i did it when i was a kid

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't care what others do. I just keep moving forward and don't worry about others. Plenty of work here.. if you want to low priced properties, have them, I tend to go after only the top 1% here.

5. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

bro, it's never gonna end... so do what I do.... focus on more important things, like improving on my own quality of work.... gettin' more work.... future proofing myself for the next coming season....

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree about the Insurance,if something goes wrong you could be in big trouble. You dont need a License to cut Grass. But to be legit you need a tax I.D #. As stated thou its going to continue. At least there working and not selling Drugs or Breaking into homes .

7. You got more time than I do.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

SliverStreak, nice to meet you today. I ran the mower after we got back. Works very good. I'm going hydro for sure.....

9. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

why don't you worry about taking calls from prospective clients, and actually planning out work, instead of sitting around the phone like a bum, and wasting peoples time. I doubt city hall is going to care about all the joe blows that you turn in, and then if they do, what are they going to do.

10. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, someone needs to mind their own business. I wish I had the time to think these things up, never the less actually do something like that. Also in PA you don't need a business license, and insurance is not mandated unless you work in a private community.