Busted for growing landscaping plants???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Aug 4, 2004.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO! Thats great. :p
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I couldnt find it, but last week there was a thread on this bust with pics. Pretty silly stuff.
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Unbelievable, I think a public apology is in order.
  5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I have a hibiscus in the backyard that looks very suspicious. My father-in-law asked if I was growing pot when he saw it. This is a multi-colored, pink and white flower, not the Texas Star, but it looks a LOT like the wacky tobacky.
  6. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

I have a Japanese Maple by my front door and everyone that walks by does a double take as the leaves look just like pot. Even had the cops come take a look, and no, I didn't ask them to :) But I have to wonder, are cops, in this day and age really that stupid? Just boggles the mind.....
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am sorry to all of the police officers on here that I offend, but right there is why law enforcement people get no respect from citizens, it's because they come in guns blazing first. Just stupid, plain stupid!
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I agree.

9. watercop

watercop LawnSite Member

As a part-time cop, I agree. I hope they get sued. A la-dee-da elite drug unit oughta have its act together before busting into someone's home. A civilian pulling the same stunt would be charged with both aggravated assault and burglary to an occupied structure
  10. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What were those dumb azz pigs smoking? You would think a cop should have some TRAINING on these matters. Why not walk up to the plant in the front yard and carefully look at the plant to see if it is pot? The plant is not likeley to run away or put up any resistance whatsoeaver???? Cops are stupid!
    It is a fact if you take a test to be a cop and score to high they dont want you. If you are smart you might question right and wrong and not act like a robot.