1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hometown Lawn Care, Aug 5, 2003.

1. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

One down, thousands more to go! Good work:blob4:
  2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't resist coming back to this thread, to see what happened today...Sometimes I hate it when I'm right.
    See what I mean?
    You don't need your charter #on your website, but you need a charter # on your truck.
    Now, you can answer the question, "How easy is it to get busted?" Let us know the price you are assessed for your airing your own dirty laundry on the internet. I was just pointing out the fact that there are people here who have bragged about turning people in, and you were an easy mark for them. Advertising an illegal service. Shame on you.:cry:

3. You sure about that? I know TN you need it on your truck, not sure abour Mass.

In MO you don't need it anywhere but on the posting left on the door if the lable says to post.
  4. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

In Ohio you don't need to have your pesticide license number on your truck. I'm sure the rules vary from state to state. The bottom line is if you say you are licensed make sure you can back it up.
  5. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't rat you out -- all I did was call to verify information that you had given me.

I tried to start a private information dialog with you off lawansite -- but had not gottena res

If you had asked questions and answered them honestly people would have been more than willing to give you all the help you needed.

If you haven't actually applied any pesticides or have any customers -- I doubt that you will be fined? I never gave them your website or phone number -- I simply called their information hotline and asked if Hometown Lawn Care was a registered pesticide applicator.

Had you said I am trying to learn about applying pesticides -- then great -- people would have lined up to help you out ---

but you said ----- "I just like hearing stories.. I'm not worried, I'm all set. Just seeing if anybody has and what happened"

I guess if that's BS -- then so it is.

As far as suspension from Lawnsite --- I missed the posting guideline that prohibits promoting legal and ethical practices.

I sincerely hope that no ill will comes to you Hometown -- and instead I hope that this is simply a lesson that makes you a better business man in the future.
  6. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I compleatly agree.... but I will see what happens, We all make mistakes and we all lie, I just planned my lies and mistakes at the worst possible time, no hard feelings but i really wish you didnt call.
  7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

You edited your profile?

You did have a location earlier......................:p
  8. Hometown Lawn Care

he doesnt want me showing up at his house....

JUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTT KIDDDDDINNGGG, omg im in enought trouble, I have to just shut-up ahahaha

p.s I took off my "illigal services" from the website so i don't get in more bad stuff...
  9. Hometown Lawn Care

i'll be 18 in a few months I was planning on doing it anyways I guess I just couldnt wait, plus the only illigal service I offerd was Scotts 4-Step Program, which is Idi*ot proof, I mean my 12 year old sister who go's to punk rocks shows and knows nothing about lawns does my dads yard with it and his lawn looks great, its not like I was spraying non-selective herbisides all over Rhoderdendrums, ahahaha and extermingating large colonys of Sod Webworms....

just a simple 4 step program....

but i guess it is illigal....so i'll just wait untill i get certified...

but once again sorry for lieing.... ( and i havent got busted yet, just got a call from a ladie)
  10. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I might weigh in on this one too....

Hometown, how can I say this, to us (well me anyway) there is more to lawn treatments than just some fert and some weed and feed. We identify each weed, each disease, and each lawn, soil testing each one, and making applications when needed of the products needed. I have been to school for a lot of years and worked in the industry, and i still don't know very much about all that is out there. Each client I get is a new challenge.

There is no doubt that with the right attitude and ethic you can do well, and that is how you KEEP clients in the long run. All of us here are here to help and will, provided that our time is well spent, because none of us has enough time in each day.

How do you learn? Go out there and do it, just like you are getting ready to do. However, make sure you have your license, businesses tax id, incorporation, insurance, etc., before you go out and spray, because there will come a time for sure that someone will put your feet to the fire, and when they do, it is too late to get your ducks in a row.

Best Luck,