busy with the drought..

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lawncare18, May 29, 2007.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

How busy are you guys this year with not much rain.. id assume you guys are swamped with service and enw calls???

2. What drought?

Heck, it's still snowing CO, from my house in the San Joaquin Valley, CA, I see the snow capped sierra mountains. What drought?

3. The N TX drought was officially declared over yesterday. All lakes are full.Thankfully they did not lift watering restrictions.

4. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

What drought?! We've had 11 inches of rain here in Omaha, for just the month of May alone. Still busy installing systems, just not as busy as other years.

5. 7" below for the year...My voice mail was full yesterday with 30 calls...scheduling installs for the fall ......I have worked over 30 days straight...

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

When we were in our drought days, I was busier than ever. Couldn't keep up on all the "dry spots". Did a lot of redesigning of systems - move and add heads to get proper head-to-head coverage (not my installs). Used a LOT of the UnderCut series nozzles from Rainbird those years.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

91.6 in Zillah...Hayes....sprinkler weather!

8. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

A bit farther south than you, but..........yeah, no drought. Actually a lot wetter than ideal. March was dry and I'm sure that all you need to do is hang in for about 3-4 more weeks and we will know all about drought again.

9. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

We are in a sever drought right now (North Alabama). We are booked for new installs for 4 weeks straight doing repairs inbetween installs. I hope this winter my boss will buy me a bigger truck.....1 ton dually long wheel base. I cant keep enough parts on the truck. This past month has been rough. We have hade sevral calls where people have not ran there system in years. Seems like you fix one thing and something else is wrong. :hammerhead:

10. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

We are insane in Florida with the drought. Shallow wells are drying up on top of everything else.

My well drillers are busier then I am.