Busy?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jun 4, 2014.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Out the door at 5:50 am and work until 9:30 pm Mon - Thursday.

busy busy busy.

And you?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

That's a half week. What about fri, sat, and Sunday? I'm between 100-115 a week. Makin hay.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. E-mans Hardscapes

E-mans Hardscapes LawnSite Member

I'm around 60-70. But there's a Huge difference between hardscaping and mowing lawns. If you worked 100 hrs a week hardscaping you would be burnt out before the season started [​IMG]

Throw stone around all day
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I'm going to vote that lawn care is by far harder then any other landscape work. It's all day every day moving as fast as you possibly can. Eat on the fly, no breaks, move move move. The guy cutting 20 lawns a week doesn't move at that pace but a 100 lawn a week crew has to. I've done them both and I know the difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

It's all in how you have you're company set up

I would never work for someone that worked like you described.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. E-mans Hardscapes

E-mans Hardscapes LawnSite Member

Since when is riding on a lawn mower, move move move? I am not bashing lawn care people at all I am sure it is physically and mentally challenging. I realize your not always on the mower. Where is the enjoyment of life if it is as difficult as you make it sound?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Lol @ mowing grass

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

You clear these 15 hr days with the home owner before they sign on the dotted line Andrew? I don't care but most towns have noise ordinances that don't allow work noise over a certain decibel level before 7 am or after 7pm. You must be traveling aways to make up the other 5 hrs though.

I'm doing the 100 mile turn tomorrow myself.

How come the owners put up with you guys wasting a good work day every week? This a religious or cult type of thing? Maybe explains you swimming nekkid in the neighbors pool.

Oh well, I'm just a bumpkin from the country so I don't know any better.

Have a great and safe day tomorrow :):waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

My guys generally top out at 40 hours a week.

Me on the other hand, been at it for 4 weeks strait without a day off.

It rained finally today, went to my BNI meeting, came home and took a nap. After that, office work and a consult. That is the closest to a day off I've had so far.

Spring rush and the people who can't wait are about caught up. After that, I should have my weekends free.

10. mathews

mathews LawnSite Member

Leaving at 5:30, home around 7:30. Said I would not do this anymore after last year... BUT we drop accounts and we get more work sent our way. Another 1-2 wks and we should be able to relax a little