1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Pastures, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, it's only 43 Degrees (feels like 39 deg.) this morning, coldest morning of the fall so far. It feels really weird to be chilly.

I know you guy's in Minnesota are thinking "What a pansy!" but you weren't riding your jetski in 84 degree water just last week either. It's gotten cold here and in a hurry.

With the drought we had this summer and now the quick way it's gone cold, I hope all the leaves drop right off all the trees all at once. One big leaf cleanup, and were done for the year. :blob4:

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

We are jealous of those still riding the jetskis!

Ive been affected by the cold too, wore the winter gloves yesterday. The only positive is no cooler needed for the lunchs. And not sweating a gallon is also nice when the day ends. I like to wear ear muff hearing protection vs. ear plugs.
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

As I left the shop today I felt sorry for all of the people who don't have a place to park the trucks inside. I saw a lot of window scraping. It was quite cold for me to when I had to finally get out of the truck and actually do something!

4. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Hummm, right now my thermometer says its 91 degrees outside, thats a nice day here in Texas. Hot is when its around 110 degrees, and anything below 80 is frigid. And its really humid out here to! :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:
  5. photowriters1

photowriters1 LawnSite Member

You must be in Houston.
  6. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

wussys, we got 2 inches of snow and is
    in the 20s , terrible all the leaves are
    down and i cant work, so im losing some
    money and getting bored drinking my
    perfect cup of coffee trying to watch the
    snow melt
  7. Dude this cold just means the money will be falling from trees very soon!!!!
  8. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

they said we were to have 5 inches of snow on the ground last night so i wake up at 4 expecting to think about may be plowing but we just got a dusting... still to wet to suck leaves! it must suck to live in Texas!
  9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

:D :D
  10. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Naw, it doesnt suck to live in Texas, you get used to the heat, and while you are all sitting on your rears losing money the grass is still green and growing down here!
    Yeah, I do live in Houston. Right now its drizzling, and its COLD! It has to be in the seventies! Son of a monkey spank! The thermometer says its 71 degrees! Frigid!