buy a demo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdw, Apr 12, 2008.

1. mdw

mdw LawnSite Member

There is a dealer demo with 14 hours on it. It has some rust and you can tell it sat on the trailer in the sun some. My guess is it is a year or 2 old. It would come with a full warranty. Worth the savings?

Country clipper with a 17hp Kohler, 48" deck.....$2500
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothin wrong with a demo with full Warranty. Just make sure its stated.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

how much is the savings ? if only $200 or less buy new...

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

If that is a jazee you are probably saing $1500 or so! They have not made a 48" with that engine for several years!
  5. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I bought a demo Scag TT. They changed all the fluids, the battery,greased everything, gave me a new set of blades, left a trailer hitch on it, and the same warranty as new. It had 90 hrs on it. Saved about $1800.00. Seemed like a good deal to me, as it still looks new. I changed the blades the other day and 2 out of three of the old blades looked new. One had a few dings in it. Was a good deal for me, David
  6. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

2 yrs ago I bought a demo Scag Saber Tooth with a 31 hp turbo diesel 72 in cut with only 13 hrs on it for $12984.45 out the door .think it was cutter pried at like 15900. plus tax . been a good mower but not the mower that the 1999 model is for sure . older is sometimes better.
  7. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Think of it this way. The dealer is taking the initial hit on depreciation, and someone else already broke it in for you and changed all the fluids.
  8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would be more worried that i was about to buy a country crapper than a demo mower! 48'' and a whoping 17hp that sounds like a cute little toy.