1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Buy a Stihl BR 600 or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John_Deere Nut, Sep 1, 2006.

1. John_Deere Nut

John_Deere Nut LawnSite Member

Fall is approaching rapidly now, and I am considering whether or not I want ot go ahead and get one more backpack blower. I have the BR 420 and it does a good job, but when it come to the leaves its lacking somewhat. Those who have the BR 600, is it that much more powerful than the 420 and is it worth it?

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Price and comfort wise it is worth it. Power wise it is worth it. Right now I am haveing a hard time getting mine to start for the first time in the mornings. Other than that I love my Br 600. Cut my time almost in half.

3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

It blows the 420 away. Alot of power and starts up even in cold weather on first or second pull. Saved me alot of time last fall.

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

No comparision, the BR600 blows the 420 away, no pun intended :laugh:

5. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Although the 420 has always been reliable and bullet proof the 600 is beginning to get that rep. Loads of power and easy starting. Try using the new Stihl HP Ultra oil in them.

6. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Redmax 8000

7. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Why would I want to run something heavier that does not have anymore power than what I have. Plus their dealer support in this area is crap. Demo both units and chose the Stihl.:weightlifter:

8. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I was first time edging today along a gutter. After I edged I was blowing the gutter out with my BR600 and was blowing chipped pieces of asphalt that were anywhere from 5 to 6 inches long and about 3 to 4 inches wide down the gutter as well.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'v been using my BR 600 since last fall and it has done everything I've asked of it including a 5 acre leaf cleanup last fall by myself in a day. I've found mine is touchy about the startup procedure but most Stihl equipment is.

I just follow the startup prodeures outlined in the manual and it starts on the first pull every time. Deviate from the procedures (especially on the first startup of the day) and it won't start until you do it right.

10. TeeBox

TeeBox LawnSite Member

I purchased a BR 600 this summer and love it. It has alot of power and is not heavy.