1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Buy a Stihl BR 600 or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John_Deere Nut, Sep 1, 2006.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I love the 600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the 600 at the beginning of the year and it has been trouble free. It blows like a Cat 5 hurricane and has always started on the first pull. It is less noisy than 2 strokes and is good on fuel. I love it.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I've owned the 420 magnum as my only blower for about 3 years.. Awsome blower... like they said before, bulletproof. I went out and bought the 600 a few days ago and this thing is a beast. Although it sounds completely different and a whole lot more power. Go for it. It cuts your work time in half almost (havn't used it on leaves yet) but it does on everyday mowings.

4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

really like the 600, doesn't sound like the old 2stroke scream, so you have to get used to it.(You think at first its underpowered, until you really start using it, really runs strong!).

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ditto.

I can't wait to try it with leaves in the fall.

Rob

6. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I went from a 420 to a 600 a few months ago and I love it. I was kicking myself for not getting one as soon as the hit the shelf. I need to get another because my help is still using the 420 and he hates it after using the 600 a couple times.

7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Go get it you won't regret it. Hey that rymes :laugh:
    Its BLOWS the 420 away. I'm getting a second.

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I love the power. The 600 literally blows every other blower I've used away.

I love the quiet operation. It's decieving at first, you don't think it's working because you don't hear the engine screaming behind you.

It's not to heavy.

I like the anti static mechanism inside the tube. I never get shocked on a blower anymore. Some of you know what I'm talking about.......

I don't think it's all that great on fuel though. Maybe it could use a larger tank.

I hate the gas tank cap.

Overall, I love them and by this fall the 600's will be the only blower I run.

9. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I as Well Love my 600...ton of power...2 pushes of the primer bulb and It starts 1st time.
    The Gas cap I as well don't like...It really pops when the sun Is on It all day.
    I would say buy one you will be happy with the way it blows leaves

10. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

enough said