Buy a Stihl BR 600 or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John_Deere Nut, Sep 1, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

REDMAX 8000

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had both the 8000 is a lot heavier but also a lot more powerful. If weight is a concern I'd get the 7001. They are virtually indestructable longer lasting and more durable than the 600 and the 8000.

3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys know about the Shindaiwa EB8510RT...Im considering getting one with the fall around the corner.

4. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Very heavy............

5. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

The problem with the 4 stroke stuff is if anything goes wrong with them and they are not under warranty I have found the stuff is shot to much to repair period! Stay 2 stroke unless they become so lean by regs they no longer work and seize all the time.

6. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

The 8000 is by far the fastest I have used, saves alot of time on big jobs

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Redmax 8000 is slightly more powerful, than is the BR600, but a whole hell of long way from being a LOT more powerful. One thing the BR600 is a whole hell of a lot ahead over the Redmax, fuel consumption, easy starts, easier on the employees to lug around over a 12 hour day.

As far as the 4-mix goes, we started converting to it in 04, many of our hedge, line trimmers have many hundreds of hours, only repairs several coils,under warranty.

8. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I have a br600 I bought last year for personal use. I just bought the biggest stihl BP blower I could find and am happy with it. I'm just a newbie that doesn't have a clue so the redmax is probably better except I think I read somewhere they catch fire easy or something.

9. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

The Big Blue is supposed to be the most powerful on the market but I have'nt seen anybody with one . Turf Magazine had a review on it last month.