buy blades online?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FromtheGroundUp, Apr 8, 2008.

1. FromtheGroundUp

FromtheGroundUp LawnSite Member

has anyone found a site to buy mower blades cheaper than going to their local dealer. i need ex-mark and dixie chopper blades.

also could someone stop this rain so i can get back to work.

2. Lost Pine

Lost Pine LawnSite Member

I would guess that the shipping because of weight would more than offset the saving....

Lost Pine

3. mharris18

mharris18 LawnSite Member

u are better off buying from dealer, my suggestion would be to call around for better price which i always do, some dealer will give you discount since you are running lawn business and tell them you plan to buy from them for your business. as for ordering online they will charge you shipping and the metal weigh lot and will cost more than dealers. as for rain we are going need it since it help grow grass faster and help us make money.

4. chsmith700

chsmith700 Inactive

You can buy cheap blade here

5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i buy most of my parts here http://www.expressmowerparts.com/even with shipping ,its still cheaper than the dealer

6. jstonemo

jstonemo LawnSite Member

I feel your pain with all of this rain. Of course, you guys in southern Missouri are getting hammered this spring. Here in the KC area, I have standing water all over my yard. Unfortunately, it looks like the pattern will last through the spring. I wonder if they make Super Swampers for my ZTR?

7. ozark

ozark LawnSite Member

I have for the past two years been ordering my blades from Mowpart.com. At the dealer i pay $20 per blade. On Mowpart i pay 11.29 for the same blade. Even with shipping i save an incredible amount. My last order was for 24 blades. My total from mowpart/ including shipping was $295. There was also a 10 percent special on at this time. My local dealer for the same amount of blades was $480. At a savings of $185 dollars for the same blades i will continue to shop online.

8. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

[​IMG]

Find your Blades HERE

HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]