Buy mail order????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by paul vroom, Sep 30, 2006.

1. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

I will start cutting in the spring of 07 so I have time to save and shop. I "think" I really like the Better Quick 36 mowers but they are factory direct, I have seen many responces to other post that if you did not buy from the dealer near you they are not very helpful with repairs. Would this be an issue? Should I go to a dealer and buy there product? Am I missing something? Your help is greatly apprerciated, Thanks in advance
  2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i have the same question looks like a good unit but if it breaks are u on ur own?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys...I cannot say enough good things about my Samurai and and Gary at Better Outdoor Products....I you was nervous ...THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE WITH A GREAT PRODUCT. You will not be dissapointed. They will bendover back wards to help you and sholud a problem occur I am confident that they would work with you and your choice of repair shop until its fixed.Good Luck
  4. lawnguy170

lawnguy170 LawnSite Member

Better Outdoor Products is a great company, and Gary is always very helpful if you call with a question or concern. Let me assure you, if you have a problem, they will definately work with you until the problem is solved. I would recommend a Quick 36 to anyone. Great Mower, Very Well Built, Easy to Work On(change oil, blades, belts, etc), Great Customer Service(even from 800 miles away in my case)

Thanks Gary and the whole crew at BETTER!

5. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

But ... if it's down NOW ... and you still need to more TODAY, not counting tomorrow and the next day ... will they pay for a "loaner"? In this business ... you can't just stop for a couple days until your equipment is back up and running.

Not saying they are not good mowers at all ... just concerned about missing that great dealer relationship, and their efforts to keep you cuttin'!