buy now or later

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cward76, Sep 28, 2005.

1. cward76

cward76 LawnSite Member

Hey you guys, what should I do? I was planning to buy a new 28/60 Super Z next spring, hoping my 42" craftsman would make it through. However, it went down on me yesterday. Wish I knew how long the mowing season was going to last here in Oklahoma. I was wanting to wait until the 06 models came out before buying, to see if they have any new features(WILL THEY?). On the other hand, seems that interest rates are going up and there will be a increase in the price of the Super Z in November. My banker is going on vacation for two weeks Monday. What should I do, buy now or later? Dealer gave me a price of $8900.

PJ, I would like to hear your comments about this. Also, do you know of any changes on the 2006 models, or a ball-park amount on the November increase.
    Thanks, Cheyenne

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The model your buying is going up in price November 1st.
    I cant really comment on anything else until 2 weeks from tomorrow (Expo).

Pj

3. Mikes PRO-LAWN

Mikes PRO-LAWN LawnSite Member

CWARD,
    It never feels like a good time to lay down that kind of coin! I own a 28hp F/I - 60" Super Z........ I spent the kind of money your speaking of, good decision for me. You'll never know how bad you need it until you own one! The season is about to slow down though, and I hear there are some new deck designs coming, but I don't know if the new deck design will benefit all users', I guess it depends on the type of grass in your area. I first owned a 27hp-60" Super Z, bought it new. I have a great local dealer (Commerciel Lawn Equipment II, Lakeland, FL) who was very fair to me at trade in time. Don't sweat whether there is something newer coming out or not, buy it now... if you need it now. Take good care of it and trade it in on a new design if it will benefit you..when the time comes. Good luck on your decision.

Mike H. :drinkup:

4. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

Same boat as me. Want a Super Z or Super Mini Z 23/44. Don't know when to buy, been up to my neck in grass no time to go look. I have a 42" Crapsman that is about to die, put $204 in it this month to keep it alive. Got about $2,000 saved up for a down payment wanting to get about $2,500-3,000 but I don't know if I will hit 3, maybe just $2,500.

I am wanting an '05 and I was wanting to wait till the '06s come out so maybe they would go down alittle. All I know is I am so ready for a Z turn, a cemetery is no fun on a regular mower.

I do have a question though, sorry to hijack the thread. Do Hustlers hold up to the rigors of being trailered. I know I had to weld almost every brakcet back on my Crapsman deck this year. I go in about a 22 mile radius of my house, and the roads are pretty sorry. Never lost a mower, but I have broekn nylon straps afew times.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They absolutely do!

Pj

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Gizmo- I've got 1700 hrs and over 100000k miles in trailer and it has held up with no problems.

7. 4evergreen

4evergreen LawnSite Member

Every day you wait your losing time and money.