1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

buy Pink Carnation for sale in CT

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by mdscarpa, Jul 3, 2008.

1. mdscarpa

mdscarpa LawnSite Member

The other day I picked up Pink Carnation for a customer and went to drop it in their gardens. After putting down about 2 yards they decided they didnt like it and told me they would not pay unless I took it out and got them something else. I am stuck with 4 yards of this stuff. If there is anyone in the CT area that needs it PM me.

2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

What the heck is pink carnation? The plants?

If they oredered it, it's theirs and they owe you for it, plus whatever else they decide to buy.
    If they welch on the deal, get 2 yards of process and dump it at the end of their driveway "no charge".

3. TONTAGE

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

if they are free i will take them.i just planted 7 of these puppies from lowes by the pool and need more.how many do you haveand what color(s)?
    im in glastonbury

4. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like 'pink carnation' is some sort of freaky colored mulch.

5. mdscarpa

mdscarpa LawnSite Member

Pink Carnation is stone, goes for $125+ per yard. Its primarily white with gray and pink hues in some of the stones.

I made the whole garden for them and put belgium blocks around it or else I would just say screw it. I already have to much invested in it to worry about not getting paid because of the stone. Might as well finish it and still make a profit then to forget it now for a loss.

6. aplus2340

aplus2340 LawnSite Member

I'm in bolton, work in hamden area, what size stone and how much do you want for the material?

7. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

I cannot PM you. You do not have enough posts. Take a pic or two, post them with you phone number. I am in Monroe.
    Mark

8. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

You need to find some elderly italians they love the stuff. A tad bit gawdy to say the least.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

10. mdscarpa

mdscarpa LawnSite Member

stone ranges from 3/4 to 1 1/4... i have just over 4 yards, looking to get $550... i can deliver for free within reason. Phone number is 203-915-6084