Buy Quick 36 or used

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smashingpumpkins64, Jul 3, 2008.

1. smashingpumpkins64

smashingpumpkins64 LawnSite Member

I've been looking around online and have seen that Betterproducts have walk behind mowers new that cost just as much as a used toro, gravely, etc. Why are the betterproducts so cheap? Would you buy a new Betterproducts walk behind or a used toro or gravely?
  2. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

quicks have single hydro drives so you do most of the turning yourself but it has been said to be easy once you get use to it and it seems like alot of mower for the money compared to dual hydros like scag, toros, exmarks, etc
  3. smashingpumpkins64

So are belt drive walk behinds not worth looking at?
  4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i like belt drive w/b just fine.
  5. Yerkz

Yerkz LawnSite Member

Make sure if you purchase a QUICK that you know exactly what you are getting. You cannot demo a mower over the internet. I purchased a QUICK 44 that did not work out for me and cost me $268 in freight charges to return it and get my money back. I made the purchase based on all the positive feedback given on this website and ended up out of a pretty good chunk of change for my demo. So my point is to make sure you know what you need out of a mower and be certain that you are getting it.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I don't like belt reason is there not as touchy, and you have to do knee shift's to go in reverse and to change gears...pain in the rear for me.
  7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

belts have reverse? thats new to me. :laugh: but seriously, get a tthp. you cant go wrong with it.
  8. dago52

dago52 LawnSite Member

You can call BOP and they will assist you with a local owner to set up a demo. I have never operated one, but everybody who has one loves them.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have no problems with shifting my belt drive
  10. smashingpumpkins64

what didn't you like about the QUICK?