Buy? Scag Extreme Pro Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by srl28, Oct 16, 2013.

1. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealer just got in another handful of these new Scag/Giant-vac blowers. The model I'm talking about here I the largest of the three models that scag is offering and has an 11hp engine. The scag brochure and website claims that it puts out a massive 2,800 cfm! For a walkbehind blower that is pretty impressive. Does anyone out there own one? Seen one in action? I have til tomorrow morning to make up my mind about whether or not I want to try one or two of these out. Any thoughts?

2. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

i have a giant vac push blower with a 9 hp honda going on 17 years old now .only had to replace the front wheel assy.

3. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

SRL, did you end up getting the Skag? Looking at buying one tomorrow, but trying to decide between the 11 or 9 hp.

4. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

Any input guys on which model to get? It will be mainly used for blowing parking lots and the occasional leaf job. Trying to decide between the extreme and extreme pro. There's a $500 difference and the pro comes with a Honda engine. My thinking usually is bigger is better, but would like some opinions. Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

you live in SC... you dont have NE leaves... so it really depends on your magnitude of pine needles.

If It were me, and I was in SC, I would get 8-9 hp and it would be plenty.

Honda engine is good for those blower tho...always starts.

6. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

Thanks, TPenda. The Extreme has a Subaru, the dealer was talking it up though. Says he hasn't had any problems from them. Another dealer in town says the same thing about the Subaru's, but they sell Little Wonder's.

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I had a few little wondersÂ…killer blowers.

There is something I don't like about the subaru engineÂ… but i can't back it up with anything.. I just don't know why.

I sued to see a few blowers like that with kawis what every happened to those 10 hp kawis, wish they stuck around

8. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

Just picked up the Extreme Pro today, mainly because it had the Honda. We'll see how it does.

9. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

Any updates on these blowers?

10. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

Orange, I love mine. I thought maybe I could've got away with the middle of the road one, but I'm glad I got the biggest one. It's a beast and been running great, no problems.