buy shindaiwa online?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jds1469, Apr 30, 2008.

1. jds1469

jds1469 LawnSite Member

is there anywhere you can buy Shindaiwa products online. There is only one local dealer in indianapolis and the guy there is a reall SOB and i will not give him any of my money let alone to spend that kinda cash with him
  2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

3. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

Any shindaiwa dealer who sells online is violating their dealer agreement. I understand your dealer is a jerk, but in that case I would recommend buying a different brand if your dealer is not up to par and finding a product with good dealer support in your area. Not knocking the Shindaiwa product, but if the dealer support sucks find someone who has decent support rather than buying online.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

5. jds1469

jds1469 LawnSite Member

All i know is that im sick of spending almost $200 for a trimmer that dies all the time and does not have the power to cut even small amounts of grass. this time i want to spend about the $370 range and get one that will work. thats why i was looking at the shindaiwa t2510. if there is actually one at homedepo or whatever that really works let me know.
  6. Dingojoe

Dingojoe LawnSite Member

I bought one of these about a month ago: KAWASAKI WEEDEATER KTR27A
    ALWAYS starts on first pull and does a great job.
  7. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You want a T260 / T261 then, not t T2510
  8. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

The T2510 isn't that bad, in fact I prefer it to the T261 as they both have similar amounts of power. The T2510 is much quieter/smoother at the expense of some weight. Due to less emission control, the T260 I hear is more powerful than the T261 though, but it's unavailable in my state.
  9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

There are plenty of good ones below $300. Redmax BCZ2401, Echo SRM260, Shindaiwa T242, Husqvarna 326Lx. You don't need to jump from $200 to $370!!