1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Buyer Beware!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by greensummer, Jul 26, 2001.

1. greensummer

greensummer LawnSite Member
    from canada

I have purchased some information/expertise from "Green Industry Consultants" and here are my thoughts:If you are "new" in the industry, then the information is very good. However, if you have "substantial" experience in this industry, ask for a sample before buying! Most of the "expertise" you can do yourself if you take the time to write them down or perform "time-analysis" per job.

My thoughts are for "constructive criticism" only!

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just asking for trouble with that last statement...like telling a kid not to touch something.:D

Why purchase any information when lawnsite is FREE!!!

3. greensummer

greensummer LawnSite Member
    from canada

Lone Star, I disagree with your statement.

I 'am "targeting" certain people, who know who they are, to make sure they provide some sampling of their information so that we may make a better/more informed decision prior to making a purchasing decision!

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

what statement are you dissagreeing with?

I knew what you were talking about before you emailed me and I wouldn't refer to it as "information", but a "product". Again I state that information in this industry can be found here on lawnsite which is free to everyone to learn and grow, newbie or vetern.

5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I have bought these information books and I believe they are a rip off too.

Just my opinion.