1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buyer's Spreader - salt and sand?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by frogman, Jan 9, 2001.

1. frogman

frogman LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys ever tried to use a salt/sand mix in a Buyer's-type spreader. Will it work?
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I dont think the results will be worth your efforts,the buyers packs up easy,even with salt only,ig its left in there for any lenth of time during a storm.I think in order to run sand it would have to be totally dry feed in by a helper as you drive so it doesnt bridge and load up.
  3. frogman

frogman LawnSite Member

Thanks John, I appreciate your insight. I'm sitting on a couple ton of salt, which should be enough for what I've got to do and where I'm at. I'd like to figure out some alternatives in the event that I need to stretch with the rationing potential.
  4. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

John was right on with his comments. I tried what you are talkign about. I needed a person in the back with a broom stick moving it around (dangerous).

I have heard of some folks that will put a vibrator on their buyer spreader. That may be an alternative???

Did anyoen ever put a vibrator on their meyer/buyer spreader? Did it help? Do they make a stock vibrator for that model??