1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

buyin truck need help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassman88, Feb 15, 2011.

1. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

ok i have these 2 truck and i dont know what one to buy

dodge is a 1994 3500 cummings trubo diesle motor 4x4 with under 90k miles with plow

fords is a 1995 f450 PS turbo diesle 2x4 with just over 200k miles without plow

both are dumps and under $6000 what do u thinks the better buy i love the ford but 2wd and i have to find a plow

2. PonyExpress94

PonyExpress94 LawnSite Member

I say go with the Ford. It looks like it is in much better shape and higher mileage isn't as big a deal. That Dodge looks like it was pretty much used exclusively as a plow truck judging from the rust on the truck and the low mileage. Someone used the Ford, but definitely kept up with the maintenance on it, that thing looks CLEAN!!! I don't know what to tell you about the 4x4 vs. 4x2. I guess that depends on much you think you need it.
  3. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

the only worry is plowing but if i have 2 tons of sand salt mix in the sander then i think it will push a house over well im hoping anyway lol