Buying 56" Exmark Lazer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lasher66, Feb 28, 2006.

1. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

This Friday, my local dealer is having an open house with Exmark reps there. The dealer told me that I can negotiate prices with the reps and get a good deal. I am looking to get a Lazer Z HP 56" with 27Hp koeler, ultra vac, striping kit. I am very interested in this new Triton deck. Just wanted to know how much I can talk the reps down on prices? I think the mower is stickered at $8499 or somewhere in there. Thanks for any help given.

Jason

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

My dealer lowers the price on each piece of equipment by $300 for their open house. So probably a little more than that, depending on how good you are at negotiating and how much leverage you have with previous purchases and repairs.

3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

I'm curious..... Why an HP w/ 56" and not a full size Z with a 60? only a 4" difference. My thinking is that for a few bucks more, the resale might be higher on the full size vs. the HP. Just a thought.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The 56" Lazer-HP will have a better trim side then the 60" Lazer. Now the 66" Lazer will have a great trim side instead of the 60" deck.

5. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

oh ok...... good answer, makes sence

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I love my HP and am buying another but I would save your money on the Ultravac. It one of the few purchases I regret. It sucks - and not in the way it should.:)

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Why:confused:

8. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

Why does it suck? I heard good things about it. If its the grass clogging, I think all vacs clog with heavy wet grass. Do you have a vac system that is better? Also, what horse power are you running? I am getting the 27 hp which should have no problem running the vac system.

Jason

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Hah, have you seen the trim side on a 72'' XS :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Was at my dealer getting some misc items today and they had one on the floor. All I can say is WOW that is the biggest mower I have seen in my life. Wish I had one in my own arsenal :cool:

10. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Gamba - Im also picking up the 56" HP w/ the 27HP Kohler.. looks like an AWESOME machine. What do you mean by "better trim side"?