1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

buying a building

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by liltex, Dec 24, 2004.

1. liltex

liltex LawnSite Member

i was thinking of purchasing a building for the yard to store my equipment in. would this be concidered a tax rightoff. i am trying to limit my profit by purchasing things i need. i will take the total deduction this year because i am going to buy a new mower next year. thanks nick
  2. MWHC

MWHC LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Talk to your CPA, I know the advise here is outstanding but CPA's know taxes. We just built a building and the write off gets a little tricky.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi MWHC,

Do you have any pictures of your new building you could post?
  4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I am also planning on putting up a building, but, it will be on ground I personally own, just wondered how it would work tax wise if I rented the building to my business from myself?

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would talk to a CPA first. You could depriciate like you suggested or buy it personally and lease it to your business so that you have a write off EVERY year!!!
  6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

you are going to have issues taking it all this year since it is such a large $$$ purchase in the fourth quarter.