Buying a commercial rider nezt year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atnulook, Oct 21, 2007.

1. atnulook

atnulook LawnSite Member

I am looking at the ferris 1500 44" z ,do anyone have any feedback on this mower . The dealer is only about 7 mile from my house . I seen a lot of bad feedback about the cut.I will be cutting a lot of commercial properties with this mower.*trucewhiteflag*

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

DEMO-DEMO-DEMO

3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I heard lots of bad stuff about the cut too. Get a toro man. They offer low financing and have a great warrenty.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't get a Z with such a small deck, IMO you'd be as well if not better off with a Wb...
    Because for up to an acre, the Wb is far more cost effective, get yourself a velke and the level of comfort is about the same.

I second Toro, thou not sure on their Z's.

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Demo extensively, but my advice would be to go with a tried and true nice cutting mower everyone seems to agree cuts well if you have any doubts. They may lack a feature or two you want, but a mower that has cutting problems like poor discharge, scalping, or poor mulching ability, etc. will repay you with lots more aggravation than the features save you.

6. madokie

madokie LawnSite Member

Don't forget, you are not mowing grass, "YOU ARE SELLING LOOKS". If the job looks bad when you are finished, you will have wasted your money. Visit with some of your competition, see what they use and ask them what they like and don't like about their equipment.

7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I would look into a Bobcat / Bunton or Exmark Z. All very good machines. You can get a Bobcat Z rider in the size you're talking about for under $5K.

8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

The cuts fine. It does good for me. I would demo everything!