1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buying a company truck......

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sgl41377, May 5, 2007.

1. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

What is the best way to buy a company truck? I am an new LLC that has been in business for 4 years.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

What I do is pay for the truck with company funds.

If your company is short on funds, consider loaning some of your personal money to the company...
    As a note of caution this usually only works for starters, as a one time deal type of thing.
  3. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

I need to get a loan for about $10,000. Can I get a loan strictly under an LLC? Are car dealers able to do business loans like they do personal loans?
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Read the long thread in this section called "building business credit can be easy". Its simple to get what you are looking for if you follow the easy steps in that thread.
  5. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

As long as you have good credit it shouldn't be that hard. Put the loan in the LLC. and tell the banker you would like to personally guarantee the loan. This will not affect you personal credit score and will give you a foundation to build on.
  6. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

Thank you for the advice. Currently I had my bank approve me for a $15000.00 credit limit on a credit card. It is in my LLC's name... I guess I can ask for some checks for the purchase of a truck....The interest rate is Prime + 4%..... is this a good rate?????
  7. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

no, you would be better off getting an auto loan
  8. jeremyt1998

jeremyt1998 LawnSite Member

Be careful with those company credit cards. They don't provide the protection like a personal card. If they get stolen they only pay for half and you pay for the other half. As far as the loan Prime +4% is really high. You should try the auto loan which is fixed and the bank CC is varible.