1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

buying a freind out of business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Jul 10, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

i got a freind who is in business and is looking to get out. Now at the current time i dont have a lota cash (liquid money) i think i could get everything from him for 20k i was thinking making a payment type thing? Do you think this could work or no?
  2. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

What do you mean by liquid money??.............Do you have a warehouse full of beer?
  3. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

he means how easy it is to get cash out for something. Econ classes.
  4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, with a well written contract.
  5. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

find out from his customers first if they will keep you after you buy out his business... It will suck to buy the business, then have the customers drop you for someone else..

What I did when i bought 20 yards several years ago was....... I helped they guy who i bought the yards from ... helped him cut grass, and while we cut, he introduced me to the property owner. He told them the situation and asked if it was ok... Everyone of them said yes...

Just dont want that to come back and haunt you later for not asking first.

Plus....... dont pay more that 2x's the value of one yard per cut.. if i have confused you, i can explain more later tonight...