Buying a golf course

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by osc, Feb 27, 2001.

1. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

This may be an odd thread but I a will sign a contract in a few days to purchase an 18 hole golf course. My lawn biz may suffer but this has been a dream of mine for some time now.

I don't want you guys to get the impression I'm loaded, some very special financing was envolved. I was the right person in the exact place I needed to be in for this to happen. I feel lucky.

In any event, I hope we stay affloat financially as the previous owner created mucho debt.

2. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler LawnSite Member

That can also be your test bed for new mowing techniques and practices. I would call that a business write off! LOL

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Good Luck, I'll look you up if my military travels take me through Ohio and give you some business!

Again, Good Luck! Maybe you can contract the maintenance for your golf course out to ummmmm, your company?? It could work out good if youhave a good crew that can adapt from one back and forth to the other one.

Have fun!

FOOOOOORRREEEE!

4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

How about discounts to lawn site members when we are in the area?

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats on your purchase. John Di Martino works at a course and probably can give you some tips on this deal. Good Luck
    Eric

6. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for replies. I haven't signed on the dotted line yet. I'm looking over expenses today. Hope this works.

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck on your endeavor. All I would ask is that you dont make your guys that mow for you wear those shirts with the lizard, and no plaid trousers PLEASE!!

Kris

8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Must be nice =), I wish I had that lkind of money.

9. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

You must be the man!!!!!! Good luck and dont duff

10. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Good luck with this.. That is going to be a handful trying to run both businesses..... Hope you have excellent help.