buying a hedge trimmer...

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 25, 2005.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well im buying a new hedge trimmer, my echo is in the shop and I need one for monday, tuesday, and weds. jobs that I have lined up. Im looking at a Tanaka, mainly because the dealer is only 1/2 a mile from me, and they seems like they're nice...

anyway, which is a good one to get. He has two, he said one with a swivle handle and one without.. the one with the swivle handle was around $340, which is what im leaning towards. both are also the same blade length

what is better and what are the benifits?

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

tiedeman's got one for sale

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

anyway, which is a good one to get. He has two, he said one with a swivle handle and one without.. the one with the swivle handle was around $340, which is what im leaning towards. both are also the same blade length

what is better and what are the benifits?[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    If I were you, I wouldn't settle for anything less than the THT-210S. It has our new QuickLock handle system and S-Start for easier starting by up to 60 percent.

The THT-2120 is a little different. It uses a wing nut system for adjusting the rear handle and does not have S-Start.

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/index.php?section=55

-MW

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

Ya I saw that, but I need one that has blades on left and right, not one side. Only if his was both sides

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

I think im going to go with the 210S

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well I bought a 24" one. I cant remeber the exact model number, but its SAWEEET. has the swivel handle, and its sooo much quieter, better running then my echo, along with ALOT more power. I love it. I put it to work for about 13 hours yesterday. Only complaint I have is the gas tank being soooo small, but oh well, I love it! Glad I went with the tanaka and not echo... I paid 330, not to bad I dont think, the 22" was 300, so I figured that extra 2" might come in handy sometime

7. GroundControl

GroundControl LawnSite Member

Speaking of hedge trimmers....

I just bought the 210S and received it today. Swivel handle and 26". Plenty of power.

I don't have a dealer near me and bought it off the internet from a dealer in Mi.

Can't wait to use it.

8. KERRTURF

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

I just picked up a 210S last week, and used it on a small job last weekend. It took a lot for me to switch brands from what I have always used in the past, but after doing some research and listening to other LS members I took the plunge. I am extremely happy with it. The rotating handle, the anti vibration feature, and the incredibly easy starting have made me a believer.
    The only thing that I found that I didn't care for was the manual. Very hard to read. The manual states that the gas-oil mixture should be 25~50:1. I am guessing that that means between 25 and 50:1, but I am not quite sure.
    Mark was extremely helpful with my decision also, thanks.

9. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Glad you like it! Sorry about the manual - we are aware of the problems with it and will work with Tanaka Japan to improve it.

Oil - We recommend 50:1 and Tanaka Perfect Mix Oil of course!

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/index.php?section=154

10. KERRTURF

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

Good news, I won't have to dedicate a fuel can for one piece of two stroke equipment!