Buying a Lazer???

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lawnman_scott, Jan 13, 2004.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to be buying a new mower this week or next. The choice is narrowed down to the exmark lazer 52 inch 27hp air cooled kohler, and the badboy. I have a question, I have seen threads asking whats better, scag or huster? and I see awnsers, EXMARK!!! Why the loyalty. All I want out of this mower is 3 good years, I mow all year down here. I have a great dane, and parts are a joke to get. Is exmark good about having parts in stock? I assume they must be. and how are they on speed as compared to other types of mowers?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lawnman,

Parts should not be an issue. Your dealer should have a pretty good supply of parts in his inventory. If he is out of something 99% of the parts are at the regional distributor’s warehouse which is one day away via UPS from your dealer. If by chance you the dealer and distributor don't have the part we can ship it from the factory via several methods including next day delivery. In fact we offer a program called "parts plus". There are limitations but the general idea is that if you are a commercial cutter and your unit is down and will not cut grass and the parts must be shipped from the factory we can guarantee these parts for next day deliver or they are free. Your dealer has most of the details and can probably better explain how it works in person rather than e-mail but you can call me here at the factory at 1-800-667-5296 as well.

As far as speed is concerned we are not the fastest mower on the market, we are not the fastest mower in the parking lot however we do hold our own pretty well in the grass.

Our claim to fame has not been speed; it has however been quality of cut at higher ground speeds. Our deck design performs pretty well and we like the way it cuts at high and low speeds when compared to other deck designs.

My recommendation would be to contact your local dealer for a demonstration. The nearest dealers to St. Petersburg are:

ROYAL EDGER & MOWER CO
    10831 49TH ST N
    CLEARWATER, FL 33762
    727-573-1700
    Fax: 727-573-2745
    Email: email@royaledger.com

2 Miles
    ALS YARD ARM EQUIPMENT
    705-A LIVE OAK ST
    TARPON SPRINGS, FL 34689
    727/938-5500
    Fax: 727/938-1830
    Email: sid705a@aol.com

19 Miles
    ALS LAWN CARE PRODUCTS
    18905 N DALE MABRY HWY
    LUTZ, FL 33549
    813-949-1384
    Fax: 813-949-4496
    Email: alslawncare@hotmail.com

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

Terry

3. lawnman_scott

Is there any big difference in the 03, copared to the 04 model?

4. lawnman_scott

I got it today. Well if your claim to fame isnt speed, I cant wait to see it cut, because its fast. I love it. Cut my crappy yard with it, cant wait till morning.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lawnman,

Congratulations! Did you get the 03 or the 04?

Thanks

Terry

6. lawnman_scott

I got the 04, and it saved me about 2 hours today, and it was a very very short day. I am very impressed.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I'm Still Impressed!!

934-500.jpg

8. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey John, whats size yards do you use that thing on. Whats your minimum charge for unloading that thing from your pocket... LOL!

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I did get it for SMALLER areas! No trailer, No truck!

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Lawnman,
    Congrats on your new toy!
    Welcome to the club.