Buying a mower this morning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hrock, May 22, 2004.

1. Hrock

Hrock LawnSite Member

still cant decide on a Stander or a Sentar, any advice?

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Atleast with a Sentar, you can stand or ride. Alot harder to change the deck height on the Stander.

3. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree with metro-hp, the deck adjustment would be worth it for me.

4. Hrock

Hrock LawnSite Member

hey good advice, have you used the sentar? Im 80 percent sure it will be the sentar, I just havnt used one yet. ive used great dane surfers for years.

I want to know how the sentars ride, are they easy to zero turn and go at a good speed?

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I also am getting a new one this morning!
    2004 Ferris IS1000Z 52" 23hp Kawasaki!!!! 2 year warranty and front wheel independant suspension!

6. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i know yall are excited to get yall new toys i know i would be.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

You're willing to drop 7-8K on a Sentar, and have never demoed one?? Don't worry,... I can tell you it is an awesome machine. We had a Wright rep bring us a Sentar, 48" Stander, and a Velke mower to one of our accounts on Thursday. Very outstanding machines, but the Stander fit our needs better than a Sentar. Good luck with your new mower..

8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

One important input...
    I went to a JD dealer who also carries Wright 's product. He has two 52/23 Kawi Sentars for sale, they were a swap or trade-ins or switch something like that with very low hours, the previous owners swapped them for Stander instead, so go figure!
    I did not demo but sitting on it, it seems awkward to stand on mower with that foldable seat poking your butt all the time, I don't want to mow and get bothered by the seat though, I would rather stand free and clear like Stander...the Sentar height adjustment is neat very clearly calibrated.
    Tough choice...I know.
    just a little info for thought. (I won't buy Sentar, only Stander, if you want to sit, the Z is for).

9. Rather Be Fishing

Rather Be Fishing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hopefully I'll get to demo both Tuesday. The Stander is used (100 hours), what do you Wright folks think would be a fair offer on the used Stander? (52")

10. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

wow, you're actually getting a Z for a change.