Buying a new Ford? Have X plans!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by apowell18, Nov 9, 2006.

1. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

Hey fellas...I am new to the business...I will be part time...My fulltime job is working for Ford Motor Company in Kansas City...Ford gives us "plans" or "pin numbers" to give out to other people for an off the top discount of all new vehicles...If you are planning on buying a new truck PM me and let me know. You all are eligible for the X plan and I have plenty to hand out...not to mention I can get more from my co-workers...if you have questions just ask here on the thread...:usflag:

2. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the offer.

dont u get a referal fee at the end of the year, or some $1000 bonus to choose who gets it or something?

3. apowell18

I've had a few people have questions re: the X plan...I'll try to explain what it is if you do not know.

Ford gives us employees a certain amount of pin numbers per year. These pins are given out to individuals as an added incentive to buy Ford products. The X plan is for friends and neighbors.

WHen looking for a new Ford vehicle ask the salesman for the X plan price. This price is set on each vehicle before it reaches the dealership. This is an automatic discount off of the MSRP. What is really great is that you will also recieve other incentives that are being offered at that time (rebates and special financing).

Example: (bases on employee discount) I purchases an 05 Explorer last year. MSRP was 35K. My employee plan made the price 30K. They were offering 5K rebates at the time. New vehicle bought for 25K!!! The X plan is roughly half of the employee plan, but not exact.

I hope this helps explain what the X plan is...If you have questions please PM me or post here so I can answer for all...thanks fellas...

4. apowell18

Toasty...no, no bonus...they give us some shirts or coolers like that if we use them all...here in KC everyone knows someone who works at Ford so it's hard to get rid of them...I just know it's difficult sometimes in life and in this biz, and since I have several and can get a lot more from coworkers, I figured why not offer to all of you...this also goes for all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products...

5. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you combine plans? I get the Z plan. Can you get me the X plan to? I will be getting a ford in the spring.

6. apowell18

no combos...the Z plan is the same as our A plan...the best you can get...it's the retirement plan...FYI: the best time to buy is in the fall, year end model rebates...

7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't need the truck this winter though (no money). I'm plowing with a skid steer. So when spring rolls around I will ready to purchase. I can't exactly wait till next fall to purchase. I want to get a '07 diesel as the '08s are about to come out. Hopefully they will be itching to get rid of them.

8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a ballpark number on how much it would take off on a crew cab F-250 Powerstroke?

9. apowell18

the discount is usually a percentage...anywhere from 5-10%...just ask a salesman at a dealership and they can tell the exact price of any vehicle...sorry I can't be more helpful than that, but it's all I know...

10. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, thanks!