Buying a new lawn tractor...Advice Please

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by MowingInAZ, Jul 19, 2005.

1. MowingInAZ

MowingInAZ LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I need some advice for purchasing a new lawn/ garden tractor. I live in Arizona and have about 1/2 acre of lawn to take care of. I've been looking to buy a new lawn mower for some time now and just needed some advice on the subject.

I have a budget though, about $2500. I've only been looking at Craftsman and John Deere, but would be open to any advice that would help me on my quest to "the perfect lawn". I also have a sprinkler system that I purchased about 1 1/2 years ago to make it look good. So if you have any advice on the make/model for the job please post it. I'm very happy I stumbled upon this gem. Thanks Chris.

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Chris, I don't think you will get a Deere within your budget. Since you are only mowing a small area, you may be better off with a Craftsman or something simular. You can get one with all the fancy attachments for what you are looking to spend.

3. MowingInAZ

Yeah, thats what I'm pretty much thinking about Metro. Thanks for your post though, I like John Deere, but your exactly right, I could get a high end Craftsman with all the attachments for the price. Thanks, Chris

4. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

Craftsman 27.0 hp 54 in Deck Garden Tractor

Sears item #07127634000
    Mfr. model #27634 $2,499.99
    Reg. $2,899.99
    Save $400.00
    Sale ends 07/30/05

Craftsman 26.0 hp 48 in. Deck Yard Tractor

Sears item #07127590000
    Mfr. model #27590 $2,099.99
    Reg. $2,299.99
    Save $200.00
    Sale ends 07/23/05

That is from the website. you may want to check out www.sears.com or go by a store and see what all they have.

I got mine 3 years ago, has 25 Kohler, 50" deck, garden tractor, 3hi/3lo trans for just over 2000.

5. MowingInAZ

Thanks, I'll check them out.

6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

you should just get a craftsman i have one and it works great and they are pretty cheap

7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I just can't see myself gettin a crapsman. :rolleyes:

8. Redneckn

If you can't see yourself getting a Craftsman, then don't. If you have the need for something bigger, faster, whatever, then by all means buy that machine for yourself. Some people just do not NEED to spend several thousand dollars for a machine to cut a few yards with.

9. MowingInAZ

Just bought a new Craftsman GT5000. Thanks for all the advice.

10. Redneckn

MowinginAz. thanks for purchasing our product. I'm sure you will have no major issues with it. If so, dont hesitate to ask.