Buying a new Leaf blower need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TazLandscapes, Jul 13, 2007.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

I am looking at buying a new backpack blower because my redmax eb7001 is having problems.
    I am looking at Echo's line of blowers perferably either the Pb413t or pb261there both in my price rangebut i didnt know how could they are any input is appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike DiBiase

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So what is wrong with Redmax....?

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

don't know much about Echo's what price range are you looking at?

4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Dont buy an Echo.

Personally I use Stihl. Always have an always will.

5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

to be honest ,if you like the power of your eb7001 you are going to small of a blower at the 413 or 261 range . i woun't go any smaller than a pb 620 . the eb 7001 is at least 200mph and 620 cfm the 413 and the 261 are only 150+ mph and 330 cfm

6. JBlawncare

JBlawncare LawnSite Member

I bought a Stihl Br550 and it is great. It helped me sooo much with fall cleanups. I think you should look into the Stihl blowers...

7. walkerowner06

walkerowner06 LawnSite Member

i would get the redmax ebz7001

8. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

I don't recommend the echo. I have had 3 and they don't last. The stihl br 600 is my favorite of all.

9. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys on here ever compare apples to apples or for that matter read the orginal question? He's looking for something less then $300, and he's asking about TWO certain models. Everyone keeps recommending $500 and up blowers. I would like to think the orginal poster realizes there will be a difference in power but price is an issue. The 413 will work just fine on smaller jobs but you'll wish you had a little more power on large areas.

10. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

Sorry guys i should have put this in the original post.
    On the redmax the killswitch wiring is toast someone i let use it cut the two wires underneath and everytime i use it it takes two people to shut off.one to hold the wires together and one to hit the switch. I tried to rewire it and it wouldnt kill the motor.And I basicaly have a budget of about $300-350 i personnaly would love another redmax but there just out of my price range..

Thanks again
    Mike