1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Buying a new mower! Opinions

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Absolute Lawn&Landscapes, Oct 19, 2013.

?

New Lawn Mower

1. John Deere

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Kubota

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Grass Hopper

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

neither exmark,scag or gravely.john deere parts are crazy $$$

2. Absolute Lawn&Landscapes

Absolute Lawn&Landscapes LawnSite Member

I'm nit to worried about the price of parts I want something that will leave nice stripes along with a good ride. I am buying new so I will have a warranty anyways.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. smallengineshop

smallengineshop LawnSite Member

Toro Z master with a suspension seat end 3D isolators rides real good not to mention the Turboforce deck is one of the best.

4. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

KUBOTA
    (the best brand around here so, all I can compare to)
    But, then I only run orange equipment:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. Absolute Lawn&Landscapes

Absolute Lawn&Landscapes LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for your replies and the advice keep the comments coming.

6. ultracut guy

ultracut guy LawnSite Member

well,do u an ur customrs an u a favour!!!!! demo a exmark!!! these othr machines r great,but when it cums 2 a supreme cut quality and stripe,its just as exmarks logo says:"nobody does it better"!!!!!!:weightlifter:ur customrs will luv it!!!!!

7. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Why hasnt anyone said ExMark?!? I've used every major brand, and ExMark IS THE BEST!!! Look at the Vantage. It's a great stand-on.

8. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

You really cant go wrong with any of the major brands that are out there. It will all come down to you demo'ing all the units you like in your price range, and seeing which you like best. And then also seeing which dealer has better service and parts availablity

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I have owned, operated or demoed almost every major brand over the past 18+ years. I will save you a bunch of time. Demo these brands Scag, Deere, Kubota, Gravely and Ferris. All these companies now have decks that perform well in all conditions. For the best ride you really need to demo the Gravely 400 series and Ferris 3100.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

And then also seeing which dealer has better service and parts availablity[/QUOTE] I couldn't agree more. The service the dealer provides should matter more than anything.