Buying a new mower! Opinions

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Absolute Lawn&Landscapes, Oct 19, 2013.

?

New Lawn Mower

1. John Deere

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Kubota

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Grass Hopper

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel an aneurism coming on....

For acreage with easy access I would go with a front mount grasshopper 100% of the time. You really can't loose with a Deere or scag, but out of the two I would pick a scag turf tiger.

2. ultracut guy

ultracut guy LawnSite Member

I tend to disagree not to start a brand war but I hate Scag... and John Deere.

3. cadaire

cadaire LawnSite Member

123hotdog, how to you like your Bad Boy's?

4. Southlandlandscaping

Southlandlandscaping LawnSite Member

If you look at any of the large companies($5 million/ year & up companies), they run exmarks and for a reason. Hands down best mower. That being said, not everyone can run them because of dealers. I will be buying a new scag this winter/ spring because of dealer location. The closest exmark dealer from my service area is a 30-45 minutes away and 15 miles from my service area. The local shop that i use carries scag and is at the center of my service area

5. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't be more pleased. I ended the season with 106 hours on the Outlaw XP and 23 hours on the Stander. I love em. And for the price I paid at the dealer, combined with the service I get, hands down, the best thing I've done since I've been in business.

6. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude I like Exmark also, but go back & read your statement..

7. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

...lolz...

8. Diesel Dude

Diesel Dude LawnSite Member

I love how you ask for opinions on x,y,z and you get v lol. They are all good mowers.

9. GARRETTWOOD

GARRETTWOOD LawnSite Senior Member

Get a SCAG, they just run and run. All around real commercial mower. Simple to work on and parts not difficult to get in a pinch.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Absolute Lawn&Landscapes

Absolute Lawn&Landscapes LawnSite Member

Sorry everyone for the delayed response I have been busy with my winter job driving tow truck. The reason I didn't put scag on there is the dealer that is around me seems to treat me like I know nothing. I also know some people in the industry that have found the same thing with the scag dealer. I have actually seen people switch to Grass Hopper because of it and they are one of the closer dealers and seem to wanna treat me right.